Twenty students and 3 brave chaperones started out for an adventure in New York City on November 13th. The crew was energetic and had a vibrant curiosity for all things New York and what it had to offer (especially the shopping on 5th Avenue!).
A few of the sites that we explored included: Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center); MOMA (Museum of Modern Art); tours of Uptown, Downtown, Lower Manhattan, and Upper Manhattan; a Broadway Musical (Wicked); Times Square; St. Patrick’s Cathedral; Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art) and much, much more. There was something for everyone!
Five Memorable New York Moments:
- The Musical Wicked was wicked!
- Times Square is so fascinating. I saw hundreds of people walking by and lots of flashing advertisement boards.
- Seeing the 19th and 20th century art in the Met was very inspiring.
- The graffiti in NOHO and SOHO was incredible!
- Everything was so amazing that I can’t decide myself about what I liked the most! – Pedro Arjona Franco, Grade 9
Thank you to Ms. Wride and Mr. Cheverie for their endless energy and positive support.